- Ordering Online
- Shipping & Delivery
- Returns & Exchanges
- Gift Cards and Credit Notes
- General Information
- Which size should I buy?
- Are the colours of the garments photo accurate?
- How should I wash and care for my garment?
- Do I need to create an account to checkout?
- How do I know my order has been placed successfully?
- Can I edit or cancel my order?
- I have received my order but an item is missing or incorrect - what do I do?
- I saw something I wanted on your site, but now it isn't available - how can I get it?
- Where does INDIE KIDS ship to?
- How much does shipping cost?
- Are customs and duties taxes applied at checkout for international orders?
- When will my order be dispatched?
- How long will it take to receive my order?
- How can I track my order?
- Do I need to sign for my delivery?
- Can I get my order delivered to a PO Box?
- What happens if my parcel is lost?
- What If I provided the wrong shipping address?
- Can I return for change of mind?
- How do I return my online order?
- When and how will I receive my refund?
- Can I send my online order back to your online team for an exchange?
- I've purchased an in-store and changed my mind - can I return or exchange my purchase?
- Do you refund sale items?
- I bought an item online but it is faulty - what can I do?
- Will my postage be refunded if my items are damaged or faulty?
- I bought an INDIE KIDS item from David Jones or Myer - Can I return it to an INDIE KIDS store or online?
- How do I use a promotion code online?
- How do I know if the promotion code or offer has been applied to my order?
- The items I bought recently have now been reduced - can I get the same price?
- Do you have the same promotions online as in-store?
- What payment methods can I use to order online?
- Are international transaction fees included in my online order?
- Where can I buy and use a Gift Card?
- Where can I use my credit note?
- What is Afterpay?
- Is Afterpay available to me?
- Can I use Afterpay if I am outside Australia?
- Is Afterpay secure?
- Which bank cards can I use to pay?
- Are payments taken automatically from my account?
- Is there a cost to use Afterpay?
- What are the late fees?
- How is an Afterpay return processed?
- What are Afterpay's customer service details?
- Where are your retail stores?
- Where are you stocked?
- How can I contact INDIE KIDS?
- How do I sign up to the mailing list and become an INDIE KIDS subscriber?
- Are there any benefits for becoming an INDIE KIDS subscriber?
- How do I unsubscribe from emails?
- What do I do if I have forgotten my password to my account?
- I want a career at INDIE KIDS, what vacancies do you have?
Generally speaking, kids sizes should reflect the kids age. For example, an average-sized 7 year old will fit a size 7. Take a look at our Size Guide - Kids if you are uncertain about what size to order.
We want your little dude to get exactly what was promised. That’s why we do our best to make sure our photos are as accurate as possible. Our colour palette online is very close to the colour palette of the garments, however some colours may vary slightly depending on your monitor and internet browser.
We understand that kids have a special knack for getting their clothes dirty. It’s part of what they do. For best results, follow the washing, drying and general care instructions on the garment label.
An account isn’t absolutely necessary – you can checkout as a guest. Though it does make things a bit easier for next time. So it’s not a bad idea.
After placing your order, you will receive an email confirming the order. If you paid using PayPal , you should also receive an email from them confirming the transaction. If you’re unsure for whatever reason, don’t be shy – get in touch with our customer service team at email@example.com and we’ll do our best to sort it out.
Unfortunately we can’t cancel or amend any online orders after your order has been placed. Amendments may include but are not limited to:
- Change of delivery address
- Changes to colours and sizes
- Adding or removing items
- Applying discounts
- Full order cancellations
With this in mind, please be extra careful when you’re placing your order to make sure that all your details are full and correct.
We do our best to make sure you receive everything you ordered without a hiccup. But from time to time things can go wrong. If an item is missing from your order, please get in touch with our customer service team at firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll do our best to get any missing items to you as soon as possible!
We do replenish some styles from time to time, so make sure you check back in a little while. It’s best to bookmark our website to avoid missing out and stay in the loop by subscribing to receive the latest updates. In the meantime, why not take a look at some of our latest season styles.
We currently ship worldwide with our mates at Australia Post.
For shipping within Australia, standard delivery is AUD $9.95 or express delivery is AUD $14.95.
Standard delivery is free for all AU orders over AUD $100.00.
For international shipping, standard delivery is free for orders AUD $100.00 and over. For orders under AUD $100.00, shipping is a flat rate of AUD $25.00.
Customs and import duty may apply to orders for delivery outside of Australia and are levied by the destination country. The customer is liable for all import duties as well as customer and local sales taxes levied by the country they are shipping to.
If the order is refunded, the customer will be responsible for the original delivery charges, any applicable tax and duty charges and the cost of returning the package.
We know no one likes waiting. Especially when you need your fresh new threads by the weekend. That’s why we do our best to dispatch your order by the next working day. However, during peak times and sale periods there can be delays due to the high volume of orders we receive.
Please note our online dispatch is closed on weekends and Australian public holidays (they need a bit of R&R too!).
For all Australian orders, please allow 3-7 days (depending on your location) for your order to reach you once it has been dispatched and 5-7 business days during peak holiday and sales periods.
For international orders, delivery varies from country to country. Calculate your delivery time with Auspost .
Once your order has been dispatched, you’ll receive an email with confirmation of your tracking information. To track your order, follow the links in the email or enter your tracking number on the Australia Post website.
If you have not received your tracking number as expected, please get in touch with our customer service team at email@example.com .
All orders are dispatched by Australia Post and require a signature upon delivery. If you’re not there to sign for the order at the time of delivery, a card will be left, and your parcel will be taken to the nearest post office. Present the card and photo ID to collect your parcel from the post office. The post office will hold your parcel for ten business days, so don’t put it off for too long!
Because Australia Post require a signature upon delivery, we unfortunately can’t deliver to PO Boxes.
If your parcel hasn’t arrived as expected and you think it may be lost, we’re really sorry about that! Unfortunately these things happen from time to time. We hope your little dude wasn’t too upset. Please get in touch with our customer service at firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll do our best to sort it out.
That’s alright, we all make mistakes! If you’ve given us the wrong address, give the good people in our customer service team a call on 02 9550 6550 . Because we try and get orders out the door as quick as we can, it’s best to get onto us as soon you can to avoid your order being sent to the wrong address. While we can’t do anything to help fix your forgetfulness, we can do our best to get your order to the right address.
If it’s after hours, jump on the computer and email email@example.com instead and our customer service team will get back to you as soon as they can.
We understand that little guys can be picky, so it’s no problem if he changes his mind. We can return your purchase, provided it meets all of our Deliveries & Returns Conditions.
We will gladly accept the return of item(s) within 14 days of your receipt of the order for Australian customers and 30 days for international customers, given the item(s) meet the following conditions:
- The item is unworn;
- The item is in original condition including tags;
- A Returns Form is included; and
- A copy of the order receipt is included.
Customers will be responsible for shipping and handling charges for any returns. To return items for a refund, we recommend using a tracked method of postage to ensure your return arrive to us safety.
Return your online purchase by post for a flat rate for $9.95 within Australia with Australia Post Parcel Returns. To easily create a postage label for your return parcel (Exclusive to Australian customers) please visit the link provided below to prepare your return.
Or send by registered mail to:INDIE KIDS Online Returns
99 Railway Parade
Marrickville NSW 2204
If your return does not meet the conditions, it will not qualify for a refund. In this case, the parcel will be returned to sender.
Online purchases cannot be refunded in-store.
Please allow 10 working days from the receipt of your return. Refunds will be processed in the same manner as your payment method at the time of purchase.
Unfortunately our online team does not accept exchange requests. If you bought something online and you want to do a swap, you’ll need to take the item, and proof of purchase, to one of our good ol’ bricks and mortar INDIE KIDS stores.
If you’ve bought something at one of our freestanding INDIE KIDS stores and you’ve changed your mind, bring it back within 14 days of your receipt of purchase and we’ll happily exchange it or issue a note of credit, provided it meets the following conditions:
- Proof of purchase is available
- The item(s) is unworn, unwashed, unused and in its original condition with all tags attached
- Any discounts or promotions received at the time of purchase will be carried over
Yes, we do! Just because you got something for a steal, doesn’t mean you shouldn’t be able to get a refund. Our Deliveries & Returns applies to both sale and full price item(s).
We make clothes to last, however every so often things can go a little wrong. If for whatever reason your item is faulty, please post the item back to us, with the fault clearly noted on the returns form provided. When we receive your return, we will assess the item and if it is deemed faulty we will send you a replacement. If the relevant style is not in stock we will arrange a refund, including all delivery charges, so please include a postal receipt.
When returning a faulty, damaged or incorrectly described item, INDIE KIDS will arrange return postage on your behalf or refund postage costs upon presentation of receipt(s). It’s only fair!
Unfortunately INDIE KIDS will not accept the return of items purchased from David Jones or Myer department stores. The return or exchange of any INDIE KIDS, ROLER or INDUSTRIE items purchased in David Jones or Myer are governed by the returns policies of the relevant department store and can only be made through David Jones or Myer (as applicable).
Go you frugal thing! To activate a promotion code you will need to enter the code into the ‘Discount Code' field on the 'Shopping Cart’ page. If you have trouble redeeming the offer, please contact our Customer Service team on firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll do our best to help you out.
If a promotion code or offer has successfully been applied to your order, the discount will appear in the ‘Order Summary’ on the ‘Shopping Cart’ page, as well as on the ‘Reviews & Payments’ page on the checkout.
Sometimes we adjust the pricing on items. Unfortunately we don’t not offer a price guarantee, so we can’t provide a partial refund for an item that goes on sale after you've purchased it.
- We think it’s only fair that where you live shouldn’t impact your access to INDIE KIDS promotions. That’s why we endeavour to have all our promotions offered in freestanding stores also available to our online customers. There may be some instances where an online offer is not offered in-store, just as stores have their own shopping nights and events. Sign up to our emails and 'like' our Facebook page to stay in the know about our online offers. David Jones and Myer prices are subject to their own sale periods, items cannot be price matched in INDIE KIDS retail stores.
We currently accept Visa, MasterCard, American Express, PayPal, Shopify Pay, Google Pay and Apple Pay. Afterpay is also available to Australian residents who qualify for an Afterpay account.
No Cash on Delivery (COD) or alternate payment methods are available.
Please be aware that international transaction fees may apply. Please check if international transaction fees apply to your nominated payment method prior to purchase.
At the moment, unfortunately INDIE KIDS does not offer Gift Cards.
Credit notes are issued when an item purchased at a freestanding INDIE KIDS store is returned, rather than exchanged. They can only be redeemed at freestanding INDIE KIDS stores. Unfortunately our online store, or David Jones and Myer department stores cannot accept credit notes.
Afterpay offers a convenient ‘wear now, pay later’ payment method, allowing a purchase to be paid for in four equal fortnightly instalments, interest free.
For more information or to create an Afterpay account, please visit the Afterpay website.
Afterpay is available to all people who:
- Are at least 18 years old;
- Use an Australian debit or credit card to make the purchase;
- Have a valid and verifiable email address and mobile number; and
- Have an Australian residential address.
No, unfortunately Afterpay is currently only available for Australian customers.
Yes, Afterpay is a PCI DSS Level 1 certified compliant Service Provider organisation. This means that it abides by the comprehensive set of requirements to keep your data secure.
Afterpay currently accepts Visa and MasterCard credit and debit cards issues in Australia from any bank.
Afterpay will automatically take payment from your nominated Visa or MasterCard on the due date. The scheduled payment days are communicated to you via Afterpay in the confirmation email sent to your valid email address, and can also be seen when logging into your Afterpay account at afterpayit.com.au. To avoid late fees, simply ensure you have the funds available on your credit or debit card on the payment due dates for a successful transaction.
If you make repayments on time, you'll only ever pay the price of the item you purchased. The only fees Afterpay charges are late fees for missed payments.
While the Afterpay service is free, late fees will be incurred for missed scheduled payments. If an automatic payment is unsuccessful, you have until midnight (AEDT in the summer months and AEST in the winter months) to make payment. After midnight, if that payment has not been made, you will incur a late payment fee of $10 and a further late fee of $7 if the payment is not made within one week (as stated in the Afterpay Terms).
All Afterpay purchases can be returned for exchange or refund in line with the INDIE KIDS Deliveries & Returns . When a customer returns an item, the system automatically notifies Afterpay and all future payments for that order are cancelled. Any payments that have already been made towards the item will be refunded to the credit/debit card used to place the order. Once notified, Afterpay processes the refund immediately and will send the customer an email to confirm the refund has been applied.
You can contact Afterpay directly 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, via email at email@example.com or by phone on 1300 100 729.
Keen to pay us a visit? There are currently four INDIE KIDS stores located across Australia. To find your nearest store, head to the Store Finder page. Come say hello!
We are stocked in David Jones and Myer department stores throughout Australia. Stockist locations can also be found on the Store Finder page.
It’s easy to sign up – just enter your email address at the subscription bar at the bottom of the homepage and click SUBSCRIBE, or click CREATE AN ACCOUNT on the header of any page on our website.
You bet there is. Every new member will receive 10% off full priced styles* at out online checkout for a limited time. You’ll also be the first to know about new arrivals, upcoming sales store updates and INDIE KIDS events. Don’t worry, we got you.
If you no longer wish to receive updates from us, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we'll unsubscribe you.
Remember to breathe and remain calm – we all forget passwords from time to time. Your password can be reset on the Account page.
To view all current vacancies at INDIE KIDS, please visit our Careers page.